Project Officer, IUCN Corporate Projects
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, IUCN Corporate Projects, this position, as part of the implementation team, is responsible for managing of the document migration plan and execution, quality control of the project deliverables as per requirements and day-to-day implementation activities according to project plan.
• Participate in the EDM product evaluation and contracting activities
o Participate in evaluation activities;
o Participate with contract review, negotiation and signing;
o Support with implementation planning.
• Coordinate Proof of Concept (PoC):
o Contribute to defining PoC;
o Participate in preparation of the environment;
o Training users/offices that participate in the PoC;
o Support users during PoC and collecting feedback;
o Analyse results and suggest action.
• Plan and deliver migration:
o Analyse documents to be migrated and meta data model;
o Coordinate with document owners on defining meta data to be defined in migration;
o Support units and offices in documents migration;
o Test and control quality of the migrated content.
• Quality assurance and implementation:
o Develop test scenarios, test and identify deficiencies or improvements of the system features;
o Analyse options and suggest solutions to identified issues. Assess product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction;
o Collaborate with the internal and external development teams to ensure consistent project execution;
o Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement;
o Create and maintain master data when and where required;
o Propose changes to document management processes and procedures (related to the product selected).
• Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT):
o Contribute to defining testing scenario and product acceptance criteria;
o Participate in preparation of UAT environment;
o Plan and organise user acceptance testing;
o Analyse UAT results and suggest action.
• Coordinate Piloting:
o Contribute to pilot planning;
o Participate in preparation: prepare the environment and user training;
o Support users during piloting and collecting the feedback;
o Analyse results and suggest action.
o Contribute to the training plan;
o Prepare user manuals and training materials for all components of the EDM;
o Organise and execute trainings to all offices.
• Risk mitigation:
o Contribute to and maintain risk matrix.
• Post live support:
o User support after Go Live using the Service Portal;
o Analyse issues raised and suggest system improvements.
• Other projects
o Support other IT projects as required.
Carry out other relevant tasks on request and agreement with the line manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Business Administration, Information technology, Economics etc.).
• Minimum 4 years of experience in design and implementation of the IT systems projects is required. Experience in implementation of the EDM solutions is desirable.
• Experience in business analysis for at least 2 years is required.
• Experience in working with agile development methodology in desirable.
• Experience in incidents management, user support and training are desirable.
• Experience in working with finance, with understanding finance and accounting processes and principle, is desirable.
• Experience in working in the international environment is mandatory.
• Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills. Excellent attention to details.
• Problem-solving skills: proactively look and offer solutions that benefit all; enable stakeholders to participate in resolution.
• Proven ability to be flexible, understand how to incorporate new ideas and innovation into current solutions and suggest the new solutions.
• Dynamic self-starter and fast learner. Able to perform under pressure with high level of accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to organise / prioritise work and meet deadlines with multiple and competing demands.
• Hands-on mentality, results driven and team player.
• Ability to effectively develop working relationships with several stakeholders at different levels and to communicate clearly.
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in the other IUCN official languages is a plus.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.