HR Business Partner
The position of Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) requires a lot of internal coordination throughout the Pakistan Programme on keeping abreast on staff related matters with a neutral perspective. The position carries a sensitive portfolio as it incorporates a human element which is an important factor specifically for knowledge based organization. The position has to work in a fast track mode in responding to organizational needs simultaneously improvising internal systems in the context of Global/Regional policies and procedures for a higher productivity. The HRBP will also support the Country Representative IUCN Pakistan and Head of Human Resources Asia and Oceania, IUCN Asia with the strategic level of Human Resource Management for IUCN Pakistan.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for supervising all Human Resource development, practices and functions for the IUCN Pakistan Office. This position also has oversight to ensure business services are accomplished in an effective, efficient and timely manner and in compliance with all legislative, policy and procedural guidelines of IUCN and the local labor law, as applicable.
Specific Duties and Tasks:
• Maintain effective liaison with the relevant government departments/ministries of labour and employment and ensure that IUCN Pakistan complies with the Labour Code and any relevant statutory requirements and provide advice to staff members on the labour legislation and employment standards in view of the Host Country Agreement
• Develop, update and implement the local Conditions of Service (CoS) for Pakistan
• Coordinate with the Asia Regional HR Office to implement workforce action plans for Pakistan
• Liaise with the Regional HR Office, ARO on all life and medical insurance policies and ensure that these are in place at all times for all staff
• Support the implementation of HR strategic plans and initiatives in Pakistan
• Execute and manage the overall recruitment process from vacancy announcement to job offer and induction for resourcing needs that come within the purview of the local HR role for IUCN Pakistan.
• Work in partnership with line managers to develop recruitment plans and advise on the advertising and selection process and tools, conducting long-listing and short-listing of CV’s and participating in interview panels for IUCN Pakistan.
• Administer a system for the recruitment of consultants and preparation, management and monitoring of consultancy contracts between IUCN in Pakistan and other organizations or individuals.
• Coordinate with the Finance Unit to ensure payroll reflects accurate salaries in accordance to staff positions, levels and the salary scale
• Administer the contract management of staff and make recommendations on any issues that need to be resolved
• Oversee the contract and benefits administration concerning issuance, renewal and revision for contracts (staff, consultants, interns, secondees, etc.) that come with the purview of the IUCN Pakistan Country Office.
• Facilitate the operationalization of the performance management cycle, including talent reviews, nominations for promotion and development initiatives, and regularly communicate with all staff in on performance management related matters
• Organize staff training sessions, onboarding, orientation, workshops and activities as and when necessary and in line with organizational needs
• Provide guidance to line managers and staff on performance management and the application of individual work plans, performance improvement plans and performance reviews.
• Draw the attention of the Country Representative and the Head of Human Resources, Asia and Oceania in a timely manner to any instances of HR risks, issues, legal compliance, performance and conduct, employee relations, among others, and recommend possible resolutions
• Oversee and manage the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) for IUCN Pakistan and ensure the accuracy of all information including availability of all position, contract and staff records
• Ensure that accurate Terms of Reference are in place for all staff; advise and assist line managers with writing job descriptions and reviews as necessary
• Provide HR management information reports to senior management team and/or the Regional HR Office as required
• Ensure the separation processes, end of contract payments and exit interview are conducted for staff leaving
• Ensure implementation of and compliance to human resources policies, systems and practices in alignment with the business plan, and compliant with the legal environment (incorporating equal opportunity and gender concerns) to enable staff to perform at their highest capability both individually and in teams in IUCN Pakistan;
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably required.
• • University Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Management, Public Administration, or a relevant field. A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in human resources management and development, preferably from the development sector.
• • Previous experience of working with the government or regional/international organizations would be desirable, with at least 2 years’ experience in mid-level managerial role and business partnering.
• • Proven skills as an HR Generalist with proven experience and understanding of HR principles; experience of working with HRMS or similar HR tools;
• • Sound understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures;
• • Skills in team building, problem solving, time management, stress management and negotiations;
• • Highly motivated and results-oriented individual;
• • Fluent in English (verbal/written) with excellent communication and presentation skills;
• • Proficient in the use of computer applications including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other web-based management systems), Email, Internet and ability to learn other organizational applications.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.