Marketing communications assistant
This position offers an opportunity for a junior professional to:
- Develop powerful communication skills
- Gain a practical overview of most relevant media channels
- Increase knowledge of nature conservation and sustainable development challenges
In particular, this position will require the ability to manage digital tools, as well as excellent writing skills and high levels of creativity.
Under the guidance of the Corporate Department, the Marketing communications assistant will:
- Support the execution of the Comms strategy of IUCN-Med
- Manage a high volume of content: writing website articles, updating the website, developing audiovisual and graphic content
- Assist the management of social media channels: drafting and formatting posts, preparing KPI reports
- Support the development of a quarterly newsletter
- Support the preparation of public meetings, events and media relations
- Assist communication activities of specific European projects run by the office
The above list contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. IUCN MED staff members are expected to show flexibility and be willing to undertake other tasks that are reasonably allocated to them but which are not part of their regular job description.
The gross salary for this position is 26.710 €, subject to the compulsory taxes. To this will add a private medical insurance for the candidate and his immediate family.
• A degree in a Comunications-related field (marketing, journalism, translation, etc)
• At least 2 years of previous experience in Communications
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of French or/and Arabic will be considered an advantage
• Strong editing and writing skills
• Knowledge of website design (Drupal, WordPress)
• Ability to undertake work-related travel when and where necessary
• The candidate should have a valid EU work permit.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.