Admin and Finance Assistant - Restoring Rangelands
Under the overall supervision of Project Manager Rangeland (Rangeland Project office in Quetta)/ Manager Karachi Programme Office, the
incumbent will be responsible for:
• Assist & provide support in event management.
• Provide support in office documentation; make sure that all documents are as per IUCN standard policies.
• Receive invoices from the suppliers and initiate payment requests;
• Manage & monitor water, electricity supply and telephone/internet lines.
• Comply with safety of office supplies, materials, equipment and physical facilities.
• Maintain office premises to provide good working environment.
• Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls.
• Maintain financial records pertaining to Rangeland project and handle all financial matters pertaining to Rangeland Project
• Coordinate with both Finance Officer at KPO and Finance Dept at IUCN Country Office as and when required.
• Prepare journal vouchers and posting of them on a bi-weekly basis;
• Ensure smooth monthly closing of accounts in close coordination with Finance Assistant, IUCN Islamabad Office and provide update information to Finance Officer, Country Office in accordance with IUCN policies and procedures;
• Ensure compliance with IUCN Internal Control System (ICS);
• Masters or Bachelors in Finance, Business Administration or related field
• At least 3-5 years of experience in financial management and accounting, preferably in similar projects in Balochistan
• English and Urdu
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.