Due to maintenance work, our HR Management System might be inaccessible on
Monday, 26 February 2024, from 11:00 to 12:00 CET (UTC+01:00)
Data Analysis & Reporting Associate- TBTTP Pakistan
TBTTP has an in-built monitoring mechanism at sub national levels by the respective provincial agencies as well as at national level by the Ministry of Climate Change itself. However, keeping in view the international significance of the Pakistan’s government flagship program (TBTTP), Ministry of Climate Change, Government of Pakistan has mandated the consortium consists of IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, Food and Agriculture Organization of UN and World-Wide Fund for Nature Pakistan to conduct independent Third-Party Monitoring and Evaluation (TPM&E) of TBTTP from 2020 to 2025 in Pakistan. For this purpose, a letter of Support was signed between Consortium and MoCC.
In order to ensure the impartiality and independence of the third-party monitoring and evaluation of TBTTP, the Consortium deemed it appropriate not to seek funding from the Government of Pakistan but to explore funding from bilateral and multilateral donors interested in financing climate change mitigation and action on the UN SDGs. As a result of efforts of the Consortium, BMZ through KfW agreed to finance the independent TPM&E over the period of next four years.
The incumbent will be responsible for data management and reporting of the TBTTP project activities in Pakistan in supervision of Project Manager, TBTTP, IUCN Country Office Pakistan under the overall guidance of the Country Representative, IUCN Pakistan. The incumbent will also be responsible to coordinate with the MoCC Governments of Pakistan, respective line departments of Punjab, KP, Balochistan, Sindh, AJK & GB for data collection and monitoring of the project activities in collaboration with the Consortium partners (FAO & WWF).
S/He will be expected to play his/her roles as Data Analysis & Reporting Officer mentioned in his/her ToRs. S/He shall have clear idea of the functioning of government departments, civil society, local organizations and project area context.
• Liaise with provinces and NSSU TBTTP for accessing and extracting data from TBTTP database for third party M&E and reporting use.
• Provide inputs on the design and implementation of the monitoring data collection and reporting formats to support the quality management process across the program.
• Clean data and identify information gaps and troubleshoot/propose adjustments to improve data collection and strengthen overall consolidation and compatibility of data in a centralized database.
• Maintain proper record of the project reports, drone videos and photographs.
• Ensure that the M&E Team has access to the required information from all stakeholders in relation to data and deliver outputs consistent with the agreed logical framework.
• Provide support related to data presentation needs on various written outputs (e.g. papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.).
• Draft and produce standard publishing materials and presentations, and various data visualization formats including maps, statistics, online materials and information sheets.
• Draft, proof-read, assist with editing and format output products.
• Provide overall administrative and technical support in all the project interventions.
• Identify the additional technical support required within or outside the organization in coordination with Project Manager.
BUDGET MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING:
• Conduct project activities in line with the project budget and as per due approvals by the Project Manager and CR IUCN Pakistan as per IUCN procedures for requisite approvals.
• Submit monthly progress report of the project activities monitoring, evaluation and reporting along with plan for next month.
• Document the lessons learnt through the project and share with the Project Manager and CR IUCN Pakistan.
• Collaborate with Project Manager to ensure the project implementation as per the project goals and objectives.
NETWORKING AND REPRESENTATION:
• Coordinate with government line departments, donors, partners and stakeholders of the project for the implementation of project and day to day matters and meetings in coordination with Project Manager and CR IUCN Pakistan.
• Maintain regular coordination with government in collaboration with Project Manager.
• Provide active input to the formal and non-formal fora of IUCN and respective national and provincial governments in coordination with Project Manager.
• Support Project Manager in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting and oversight and quality control functions of the project implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science, Quantitative Social Sciences or a related field with a minimum of 02-years relevant work experience on collection, storing, analysing, and reporting data.
• Experience in results-based approaches, logical frameworks; includes development of monitoring and evaluation tools will be desirable.
• Experienced and have Knowledge of common spreadsheet and database programs e.g. MS Excel, Access, etc., as well as quantitative and qualitative analyses on software (such as SPSS, KoBo, GIS or similar).
• Capable of traveling / trekking in rugged mountain areas to conduct field level monitoring & evaluation.
• Familiarity with social, cultural, and geographical context of project areas will be an asset.
• Aptitude for teamwork and field work;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent written and spoken English
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: https://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,400 Member organisations and some 15,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.