Junior Professional Officer
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) network assists governments the world over in the sustainable management of their water resources through the promotion of IWRM. This mission is carried out in Central Africa through GWP-CAfTAC Secretariat based in Yaounde/Cameroon (for more on the GWP network, visit the web site; www.gwpforum.org). The Secretariat (lodged by IUCN-PACO Cameroon office)needs to recruit a Junior Professional as an intern for a fix term period.
•Organisation and follow-up of internal and external meetings, as well as business trips and mission reimbursement requests;
• Minutes taking, follow-up of information flows and deadlines, managing calendars/agendas;
• Drafting correspondence, preparation of relevant reports, statistics, databases, notes, presentations and proof-reading of documents;
• Registering, distributing, printing, copying documentation, maintaining physical and electronic documents, shared files, correspondence and requests for clarification according to established filing procedures and relevant rules;
• Providing support in preparation and follow-up of the budget;
• Management of mails, including potential filtering and redistribution within the team;
• Preparation and follow up of financial transactions;
• Administrative support in contract management and in all steps of tender procedures;
• Keeping track of work in progress and ensuring the follow up of assigned tasks until completion;
• Managing office supplies;
• Acting as a first point of contact for internal and external queries;
• Performing any other secretarial and administrative tasks as deemed necessary.
• Be a holder of a bachelor degree in social sciences or any related discipline
• fluency in spoken English and French, including good writing skills,
•have a sound knowledge of MS Office software use,
• Have a keen interest in water and environmental issues,
• have relevant and proven experience in related discipline,
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and have strong organisational ability,
• be a good team player and also willing to work on own initiative.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
IUCN works on biodiversity, energy, human livelihoods and greening the world economy by supporting scientific research, managing field projects all over the world, and bringing governments, NGOs, the UN and companies together to develop policy, laws and best practice.
IUCN is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organization, with more than 1,200 government and NGO members and almost 11,000 volunteer experts in some 160 countries. IUCN’s work is supported by over 1,000 staff in 45 offices and hundreds of partners in public, NGO and private sectors around the world.