Junior Professional Officer
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) network assists governments the world over in the sustainable management of their water resources through the promotion of IWRM. This mission is carried out in Central Africa through GWP-CAfTAC Secretariat based in Yaounde/Cameroon (for more on the GWP network, visit the web site; www.gwpforum.org). The Secretariat (lodged by IUCN-PACO Cameroon office)needs to recruit a Junior Professional as an intern for a fix term period.
•Organisation and follow-up of internal and external meetings, as well as business trips and mission reimbursement requests;
• Minutes taking, follow-up of information flows and deadlines, managing calendars/agendas;
• Drafting correspondence, preparation of relevant reports, statistics, databases, notes, presentations and proof-reading of documents;
• Registering, distributing, printing, copying documentation, maintaining physical and electronic documents, shared files, correspondence and requests for clarification according to established filing procedures and relevant rules;
• Providing support in preparation and follow-up of the budget;
• Management of mails, including potential filtering and redistribution within the team;
• Preparation and follow up of financial transactions;
• Administrative support in contract management and in all steps of tender procedures;
• Keeping track of work in progress and ensuring the follow up of assigned tasks until completion;
• Managing office supplies;
• Acting as a first point of contact for internal and external queries;
• Performing any other secretarial and administrative tasks as deemed necessary.
• Be a holder of a bachelor degree in social sciences or any related discipline
• fluency in spoken English and French, including good writing skills,
•have a sound knowledge of MS Office software use,
• Have a keen interest in water and environmental issues,
• have relevant and proven experience in related discipline,
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and have strong organisational ability,
• be a good team player and also willing to work on own initiative.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.