Junior Professional Officer
In the year 2000 the international community established the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which include the reduction of poverty, hunger, infant and maternal mortality, incidence of major diseases and improving environmental stability by the year 2015. Although only one of the goals directly relates to water, it has been shown that improved water management can make significant contributions to achieving most of the other goals. During the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) it was concluded that one of the pre-conditions for meeting the MDGs is the implementation of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) principles. All countries lagging behind in good water governance were therefore called upon to develop national IWRM and Water Efficiency plans by the year 2005.
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) network assists governments the world over in the sustainable management of their water resources through the promotion of IWRM. This mission is carried out in Central Africa through GWP-CAfTAC Secretariat based in Yaounde/Cameroon (for more on the GWP network, visit the web site; www.gwpforum.org). The Secretariat (lodged by IUCN-PACO Cameroon office)needs to recruit a Junior Professional as an intern for a fix term period.
The intern would give assistance to the program in the following domain;
•Organisation and follow-up of internal and external meetings, as well as business trips and mission reimbursement requests;
• Minutes taking, follow-up of information flows and deadlines, managing calendars/agendas;
• Drafting correspondence, preparation of relevant reports, statistics, databases, notes, presentations and proof-reading of documents;
• Registering, distributing, printing, copying documentation, maintaining physical and electronic documents, shared files, correspondence and requests for clarification according to established filing procedures and relevant rules;
• Providing support in preparation and follow-up of the budget;
• Management of mails, including potential filtering and redistribution within the team;
• Preparation and follow up of financial transactions;
• Administrative support in contract management and in all steps of tender procedures;
• Keeping track of work in progress and ensuring the follow up of assigned tasks until completion;
• Managing office supplies;
• Acting as a first point of contact for internal and external queries;
• Performing any other secretarial and administrative tasks as deemed necessary.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/