• Review and arrange petty cash replenishments and maintain agreed level of cash in hand for disbursements.
• Review petty cash vouchers for accuracy and approvals
• Check petty cash reconciliation in excel sheet regularly, and, on monthly basis the printed and signed version of reconciliation should be accompanied with full supporting documents.
Staff advances / loan
• Reconcile staff advances and loan accounts of IUCN Myanmar Country Office
• Coordinate with relevant staff for settling outstanding amounts under their loan/advance accounts on a monthly basis.
• Provide information related to salary deductions and ensure staff loan and advances accounts are fully settled on exit clearance for staff leaving the organization.
Reconciliation (When Myanmar office has separate company)
• Provide assistance on reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts and of Inter-company accounts with ARO, HQ and other country offices.
• Cross charges ( When Myanmar office has separate company)
• Coordinate with ARO finance team on cross charges processing.
• Prepare debit/credit notes for IUCN Myanmar Country Office
• Check travel advances, travel claims and other settlement of advances and process entries in ERP for travel advances and expense claims.
• Receive cash from staff and third parties, process receipt vouchers in ERP and issue official receipt.
• Prepare invoices to donors/third parties.
Assist Regional Finance Unit in the following tasks
• Where required by the donor provides the relevant documents from files and photo copy the supporting documents for project financial statements.
• Prepare the documentation, make payments for workshop participants, and prepare disbursement statement.
• Enter data into the online accounting system (NAV) and maintain important data/information on local computer.
• Coordinate and provide assistance to Accounts Officer in Asia Regional Office (ARO) regarding accounting cross charges and reporting of IUCN Myanmar Country Office.
• Maintain an updated filing system of project related, country related and all accounting related files;
• File project contracts and file scan version of project contracts.
Monthly project financial report
• Distribute project financial reports information to the project managers and prepare internal monthly, quarterly, mid-year and yearly financial reports for IUCN Myanmar Country Office and all projects in accordance with Internal Agreement in each project.
• Checking the project expenditure, expenditure report from grantees and partners
• Reconcile bank accounts of IUCN Myanmar Country Office on monthly basis.
• Prepare the payment requests for IUCN Myanmar Country Office and projects’ expenses.
• Assist staff in preparing monthly staff time invoices and process them in ERP.
• Maintain and update monthly staff time budget balance control sheet, checking balance with project managers and Head of Office.
• Prepare the project office cash flow projections/cash request and monitor the continued availability of funds for project implementation.
IUCN Myanmar Country Office budget
• In consultation with the Head of Office and anticipating budget preparation process on ABC project list forecast (revise 3 times per year on ABC list, internal transfer, income/expenditure/capital,etc).
• Monitor budget and expenditure
Monthly MIS review
• Review monthly MIS; provide comments on IUCN Myanmar Country Office operational expenses if needed.
• Distribute MIS report to Head of office and prepare internal monthly, quarterly, mid-year and yearly financial reports for IUCN Myanmar Country Office
• Coordinate and facilitate procurement in the IUCN Myanmar Country Office.
• Ensure that all procurements follow IUCN procurement guidelines and processes.
• Coordinate with vendors/suppliers, with regard to purchases and procurement; supervise Office Assistant in arranging for quotation from contractor/suppliers relating to purchase of equipment/supplies.
• Ensure that all equipment/supplies are purchased according to IUCN procedure and ensure that every procurement must be done with a sequentially numbered Purchase Order Form.
• Arrange for procurement of air travel tickets when required, however ensuring that the travel requests are supported by the travel authorization and that every ticket issued must be filed with a sequential number.
Fixed asset (When Myanmar office has separate company)
• Provide supervision and monitoring of Fixed Assets the inventory system being maintained by IUCN Myanmar Country Office. Ensure that the inventory system follows the steps outlined in the ICS Implementation.
• Ensure, as required, coverage of IUCN Myanmar Country Office assets are under asset insurance in coordination
• Ensure that all invoices from vendors/ suppliers are checked and charged to correct projects and budget lines or to staff personal account prior to making any payments.
• Ensure that staffs are billed for private use of vehicle or any other services provided through the office.
• Advise and guide Office Assistant in disbursing office expenses as well as petty cash in respect of advance payment for visa fee, postage fee and fuel cost for IUCN vehicles and workshop and meeting related expenses.
Human Resources administration
• In coordination with the Regional HR Unit and/or HR Manager of IUCN Vietnam, administer all HR-related activities and transactional services for staff of IUCN Myanmar Country Office.
• Ensure implementation of, and compliance with established HR policies, systems and practices in line with the local labour law.
• Facilitate and undertake recruitment and selection processes and ensure timely contract management of IUCN Myanmar Country Office.
• Process and maintain payroll, ensuring entitlements and deductions are accurately incorporated for calculation; reconcile payroll transactions and submit payroll reports for approval.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Commerce, or a related field of study is a must.
• At least five years of progressive experience in the related areas including in a similar position in an international organization.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage projects through their life cycle.
• Excellent people skills, including in conflict resolution and team building, problem solving, and negotiations.
• Working knowledge (including practical experience) with the local and national labour laws, relevant legislation, policies and procedures relating to both HR and Administration in Myanmar office.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality outputs within tight deadlines.
• A positive and proactive team player with a strong solutions orientation.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.