Help Desk Administrator
Responsible for implementation, maintenance, support and administration of PCs (laptops, desktops), tablets, mobile phones, videoconferencing, printers, hardware, software, network equipment and peripherals.
The main responsibilities of this position:
- First entry point for IUCN’s helpdesk services, IT helpdesk 1st level support following up with end-users to ensure full resolution of issues;
- Support for the VIPs based in HQ, as well as Council Members during events;
- Use and maintain the Global Ticketing System tool to track incidents/problems/requests/changes and ensure resolution for owned tickets or transfer to the appropriate support team(s) Communicate with users – keep them informed;
- Creation, modification and deletion, of object in Active Directory and permissions;
- Management of System Center Configuration Manager, remote access to end-users computers, manage deployments using collections;
- Working with IUCN standardized image (software & settings) on computers for end-users. In addition installation of specialized software;
- Plan, set up and maintain IUCN offices PCs, tablets, phones, videoconferences hardware, printers including hardware, software, backup, anti-virus, configuration, and standard images;
- Provide training to new or existing staff in IUCN on best practices regarding software and hardware.
• University degree or equivalent in Computer field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in End User Computing environment using Windows based desktops and laptops (Windows 10) as well as Apple iOS and/or Android mobiles.
• Experience in Standard Configuration and Patch Management (using Microsoft SCCM) and Asset Management; Service Desk management tool ServiceNow and related processes
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory administration
• Knowledge of working with an ITSM tool for support purposes, knowledge of ServiceNow tool a plus
• Good knowledge and experience in managing Microsoft Skype for Business environments including voice and video a plus
• MSCE certification a plus
• Strong problem analysis and solving skills
• Experience in managing multiple parties across multiple IT disciplines including Project Managers and third party vendors
• Fluent in English and French required, knowledge of Spanish a plus
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.