Senior Finance Associate
- Perform all activities related to the finance of project
- Scrutinize bills, vouchers in accordance with financial policy of the organization for payment processing
- Preparation of payment for staff, suppliers, PNGO’s, vendors etc. and make sure that all the supporting documents are affix with vouchers and no duplicate payment is made.
- Petty cash payment and reconciliation on a regular basis as per IUCN policy and procedures.
- Data entry in ERP on a daily basis and make sure that the data entering in system are error free.
- Preparation of advance adjustment with necessary vouchers
- Maintain files for vouchers and other finance documents
- Stamp PAID all invoice during payment
- Preparation of prescribed tax forms and deposited into Govt. treasury on monthly basis
- Preparation of cheques or electronic bank transfer for payments
- Collection of cheque book and bank statement from bank on a regular basis and maintain in safe custody
- Preparation of bank account reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Prepare all financial report as per project requirement
- Make sure that all the bank related correspondences are kept in a separate file chronologically
- Assist Finance Manager in financial matters particularly in preparation of budget, financial reports as per organizational requirement. And the project recruitment
- Assist Finance Manager in extracting Jet Reports from ERP for preparation of project reports
- Ensure that Income Tax and VAT is deducted from bills, where applicable, as per the government rules before making payments from the vendor invoices. Tax and VAT shall be deposited to the Govt. treasury as per the prescribed form on a regular basis.
- Assist auditors during the courses of audit by providing necessary information and supporting documents
- Update fixed asset schedule on a regular basis and reconcile with administration with FA schedule and new assets are tagged as required
- Field visit as and when required
- Any other specific areas of responsibilities shall be assigned from time to time by the line manager
- Administrative support related to project requirement
- Undertake any other tasks that may be assigned by the Country Representative, the Programme Coordinator of IUCN Bangladesh and project manager, from time to time
• Master’s Degree in Accounting/Management and/or MBA (major in Finance/Accounting/Management) from reputed university. CMA/CA (Partly qualified) completed will be given preference
• Minimum 3-5 years' professional experiences in related field in an International/ National NGOs
• Sound knowledge on Tax and VAT application
• Practical knowledge and skills in computer accounting software especially ERP
• Computer literacy is mandatory, Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point etc.
• Pro-active, self-starter and result oriented
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in Bangla and English
• Professional, Honest, Dedicated, Energetic, Smart, Team builder, Polite in manner with positive personality
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent presentation, writing and spoken communication skills in English are essential.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, computer literacy essential
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.