Programme Officer, Ecosystem Management
IUCN Programme Office for South-Eastern Europe (SEE) is seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic candidate to join the IUCN SEE team. The successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of the IUCN Strategic Plan for SEE with particular focus on the implementation of its sustainable ecosystem management strategic priority and the development of a related portfolio of projects and activities
This will initially be a 12 month position with the possibility of extension.
• In accordance with the IUCN Programme 2013-2016 and the IUCN Strategic Plan for SEE assist in programme implementation and project development.
• Maintain and develop partnerships with IUCN Members and Commissions, governments, institutional partners, and NGOs in the nature conservation sector in SEE.
• Provide support to the IUCN SEE Director and to the day-to-day operations of the IUCN Office for South-Eastern Europe.
• Manage a number of projects aimed at enabling strategic planning in nature conservation in the region, including the project "Toward Strengthened Conservation Planning in South-Eastern Europe".
• Provide technical support to the implementation of other projects implemented by IUCN SEE.
• Coordinate the establishment of a regional network of authorities responsible for nature conservation.
• Provide overall coordination of IUCN SEE's portfolio on sustainable ecosystem management, including partner identification, project development and donor relation.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the IUCN Secretariat, Members and Commissions as regards ecosystem management.
• Represent IUCN in national, regional and international forums and initiatives.
• Assist with the management of IUCN events.
• Provide support to portfolio-related communications.
The gross annual salary for this position is in the range of EUR 22'888 to EUR 28'609.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/