Due to maintenance work, our HR Management System might be inaccessible on
Monday, 30 May 2016, from 10:00 to 11:00 CEST (UTC+02:00)
Administrative Assistant - Office Systems
The Convention on Wetlands is recognized by the international community as an intergovernmental agreement and its Secretariat is administered by The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The Secretariat shares the premises provided by the Government of Switzerland to both IUCN and the Convention, located in Gland. The Ramsar Secretariat is under the authority of the Standing Committee of the Convention and ultimately of its Conference of the Parties.
Legally, Ramsar Secretariat staff, including the Secretary General, are IUCN employees and their contracts are governed by the IUCN Global Human Resources Policy, Expatriate Policy, the Conditions of Service for Switzerland, and Swiss labour law. IUCN does not have the status of an intergovernmental organization under a host country agreement in Switzerland: consequently, IUCN must obtain a Swiss work permit for non-Swiss staff. IUCN and Ramsar staff do not have diplomatic immunity or international civil servant (UN) status.
Administration – office systems (70%)
- Administration of various existing Access Databases, including the Ramsar Contacts database and the online registration database for the Conference of Parties. Duties include user management and support, data entry, data extraction (including mailing and participant lists for Secretariat and Contracting Party use), training of new staff in database use, with the objective of enhancing Secretariat-wide usage of shared systems
- Update the Ramsar Contacts databases with business cards and other data received from senior staff. Record changes in Contracting Party Information, including Administrative Authorities and National Focal Points, always in liaison with the regional teams, ensuring the Contacts database, the English, French and Spanish Exchange email List serve and other lists (eg focal points for the website) are up to date. Also keep Mission contacts, addresses, official names of countries up to date
- Post official announcements on the English, French and Spanish Exchange email List serve. Coordinate with translators as necessary.
- Assist the Secretariat in the identification, trialing and implementation of new contact and registration database systems to optimize Secretariat work practices and efficiency. Support the Secretariat in identifying and using document management, communication and collaboration technologies and interfaces.
Meeting Logistics (15%)
• Coordinate with the Admin and Finance Team to provide support for logistical elements of meetings and workshops at Headquarters, including, but not limited to, Standing Committee and STRP meetings. Organize on-line registration systems and engage audiovisual and interpretation equipment and interpreter services for meetings. Provide technical support to meeting presenters.
• Provide logistical support prior to and during the Triennial Conference of the Contracting Parties (COP). Organize the registration team, train the assistants in the use of the data base and supervise the registration of participants during the COP. Produce participant lists as needed during the Conference and the official list of participants for publication as part of the Conference report afterwards. Provide technical support to meeting presenters.
Administration – other (15%):
• Other administrative tasks as requested, always filing and sharing information in accordance with Team and Secretariat processes.
The gross annual salary for this position is in the range from CHF 70'400 to CHF 88'000, subject to deductions for social security contributions and second-pillar pension, and before tax.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/