COMMUNICATIONS and SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
In particular, this position will support the IUCN-Med corporate department with developing, disseminating, and monitoring performance of content, especially for social media and the corporate website. She/he will assist also on communication support to projects implemented by the different departments of IUCN-Med, namely, with content creation for social media.
The Position may provide support to other Communications needs for the IUCN-Med office.
- Assist IUCN-Med’s presence on social media (Facebook,Twitter,Instagram, Linkedin) with the development and dissemination of a weekly content programme based on corporate and project activities, as well, as monthly monitoring of results.
- Support specific campaigns on social media to increase the number of followers and outreach, using infographics, micro-videos, or animated gifs, including identifying and following key influencers.
- Assist the update process of the IUCN/Mediterranean website, reviewing, translating and uploading new content in coordination with all departments of IUCN-Med.
- Support elaboration of social media and web content of IUCN-Med projects.
- Monitor and moderate comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation.
- Assisting with day to day administration tasks.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- This position will have a gross subsistence/ allowance of 650 € per month.
• - Advanced Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Translation, or similar field;
• - Background and/or experience working in communication, or any other related field will be an asset;
• - Experience using advanced tools for online publishing, including content management systems (such as wordpress), social media analytics and social media authoring tools like SocialFlow, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, etc;
• - Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish. French will be an asset;
• - Strong motivation and interpersonal skills; excellent communication;
• - Graphic design skills
• - Valid work permit within EU.
• - IMPORTANT NOTE: the applicant should be registered as a student in a University to apply.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,400 Member organisations and some 15,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.